Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Myself

I haven't said much about myself so here goes.  I love to try and make my home, comfortable, laid back, inviting, for everyone that enters.  I want my home to feel lived in.  I have two boys that make it sure feel that way at times.  I love taking care of my family.  I truly wish I could stay home with all my kids.  My husband is a fire fighter and does yard maintence on his days off.  I admire him alot for some of the things that he has had to witness in his occupation.  Therefore, there are days that I have had to play a single parent when he is working a 24 hour shift, which is every third day. 

I truly enjoy my blogging.  There is a lot of very gifted women out there and I admire every one of you!!!  I stumbled across Chris at Just-A-Girl and the rest is history.  So here is a small peek at my home. 



My fireplace.  It had pink tile on it when we moved in.  My hubby took the tile out and we put up marble.  He did a really good job.  We also put the laminate flooring down about 3 years ago!!!




Family is the most important thing to me!!!  You can always depend on your family no matter what!!!  Notice the acorns on the mantel.  I got those at Hobby Lobby half off about a week ago.  Paid 2.00 each.




My kitchen is a bright yellow.  When we started painting it, I was really scared.  I looked at it and thought what have I done.  We put white crown up and it turned out great.  Goes with my roosters and my fall decorations perfect!!!



I have a collection of rolling pins.  When my "Nannie" passed away a few years ago, we were cleaning out here kitchen and I bet we found 20 of these things.  I have several, my mom took a few as well.  There is nothing like a good rolling pin.




So more of my kitchen.  This is my water pitcher and bowl that I bugged my mother for, for years.  She finally gave in. 

Anyway, I am busy painting my boys room so off I go!!! More pics later!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails