Saturday, February 6, 2010

Master Bath

So about this time last year my husband and I decided to reno our master bath.  Little did we know what we were in store for.  Here is a few pics of the before and during.




We started off with a glass enclosed shower.  As you can see we totally gutted the bathroom.  We took the shower out to make it bigger to become a duel head shower.  We then built a wall to enclose the shower.


Since my husband is a firefighter, a lot of the firefighters have odd jobs on their days off.  We joke all the time that the fire department could build houses because they all do something different.  One of the fire fighters built our new cabinet for us.



We painted the walls a dark brown.  Don't ask me what the color is I couldn't tell you.  I will have to look around to see if I can find it.  We also put white crown molding up.  My  husband enclosed the shower and we tiled the whole thing.  This really tried our patience, I should say my husbands patience.  He was pretty tired of tiling after the shower.  We still had the floor to do as well.




Sorry this wasn't a great picture. More tile.............



The finished project.  

Here is the cabinet, it was hard to decide on the stain.  Who knew there was so many decisions to be made in a bathroom.





Finally..................

The finished project and I love it.








I don't have any pics taken yet of the faucets I will post more later, but you get the general idea.




Next, we are going to do some work on the outside of the house this summer.  Our house sits on a acre and a half lot.  There is only about 12 houses in our neighborhood and I just love it.  There is 8 boys and 2 girls.  So there is a lot of football games in the summertime.......oh how I long for the warm summers!!

Heather


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather, nice job on the bathroom! My hubby is not so handy, but I do still love him.
We have the same song on our blog! I love your little ipod looking player, very cool, and video.
I love Michael Buble too, but we are not so into concerts.........3 kids, 2 in HS and in very competitive travel sports = no money...ha ha!
Thanks for stopping by my blog........

FABJESS said...

Love your new Fab bath! Love the colors you picked!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails